UIDAI Introduce Direct Link To Change Address In Aadhaar Card, Check Steps Here
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced its online service and provided a direct link (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) to update your Aadhaar Card online. According to the UIDAI, you can update your Aadhaar card online using this address. Using the UIDAI's online service portal, Aadhaar card users can now alter their residence address listed in their Aadhaar Card. To change your address on Aadhaar card online, go to the direct URL (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) and take a few easy steps to update it online. So, if you wish to modify your Aadhaar Card address owing to a mismatch, follow the procedures below to do so online.
Documents required to change address in Aadhaar Card online UIDAI has listed 45 documents that serve as proof of address for an Aadhaar Cardholder. Check the list of documents listed below which contains your name and address to update your address in Aadhaar Card online:
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU.
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year).
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months).
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead.
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead.
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having address issued by Recognized Educational Institution.
- NREGA Job Card.
- Arms License.
- Pensioner Card.
- Freedom Fighter Card.
- Kissan Passbook.
- CGHS/ ECHS Card.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement.
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations.
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months).
- Passport of Spouse.
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor).
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than 3 years old).
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing address.
- Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan.
- Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by Municipal Councillor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Identity Card issued by recognized educational institutions.
- SSLC book having photograph.
- School Identity card.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address.
- Extract of School Records containing Name, Address and Photograph issued by Head of School.
- Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
Steps to change address in Aadhaar card online In a tweet, the UIDAI announced a direct link and said that it can be used to update an Aadhaar card online, stating, "You can now update your address in your Aadhaar online through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal at sup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ to update." To update your address in Aadhaar Card online, follow the steps listed below:
- Visit Aadhaar self service update portal (ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/) and click on 'Proceed to Update Aadhaar'.
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the required captcha code for verification.
- Now click on ‘Send OTP' and you will get a 6-digit one time password on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Now enter the received OTP in the required field and click on ‘Login'
- Now you will get all the details of your Aadhaar from which you need to select your address to change the same.
- Once you change your address, upload any scanned documents as your proof of address and click on ‘Submit'.
- Upon successful verification of your submitted details, your Aadhaar address will be updated successfully and you will get a confirmation message on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
#AadhaarOnlineServices— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 18, 2021
You can now update your address in your Aadhaar online through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal at https://t.co/II1O6Pnk60 to update. To see the list of valid documents, click here: https://t.co/BeqUA0pkqL #UpdatedAddressOnline #UpdateOnline pic.twitter.com/iMM1qqcEqm
Applicable charges for Aadhaar address update According to the UIDAI, you would be charged Rs 100 as a service fee whenever you update one or more fields in your Aadhaar or even your biometrics. If you change the demographic details on your Aadhaar Card, you will be charged Rs 50. However, although changing your address on your Aadhaar Card through UIDAI website is free, the specified fees for services provided at Aadhaar centres will be charged. Your new Aadhaar Card will be delivered in 10 to 15 days. Once your update request is approved, your revised Aadhaar Card will be delivered to the address you provided.