Linked Aadhaar card with PAN? Here's how to check status
PAN-Aadhaar link: If you are applying for a new PAN card, quoting Aadhaar number is compulsory. For new PAN card applicants, the interlinking is done automatically during the application stage.
New Delhi: The government recently extended PAN-Aadhaar inking deadline further to March 31, 2021. The income tax department tweeted on Monday, "Understanding and keeping in mind the times that we are in, we have extended deadlines. PAN-AADHAAR linking can be done till 31st March 2021. We do hope this helps you plan things better,"
Note that it is mandatory to link 12-digit unique identification number with PAN card for filing of income tax returns (ITR). Now, even if you are applying for a new PAN card, quoting Aadhaar number is compulsory. For new PAN card applicants, the interlinking is done automatically during the application stage.
How to link PAN and Aadhaar:
1. Online: Visiting the website of the PAN service providers (i.e., www.tin-nsdl.com or www.utiitsl.com). Click on the 'Link Aadhaar to PAN' tab which will direct you to the income-tax website. You can also link by visiting directly the e-filing website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).
2. Paper mode: File one-page form along with minimal fee with the designated PAN centre. Copies of PAN card, Aadhaar card are to be furnished.
3. SMS: Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the format- UIDPAN<SPACE><12 Digit Aadhaar Number><SPACE><10 Digit PAN>. For instance, UIDPAN 123456789000 EPOPE1234E. There is no charge being levied on the SMS sender by NSDL or UTI. SMS charges will be levied by the mobile operator company.
If you have linked both the documents but not sure about the linking, you can check the PAN-Aadhaar linking status online.
Pan-Aadhaar link status check online:
1. Visit e-filing website, www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2. On the left side of the screen under 'Quick Links', click option 'Link Aadhaar'.
3. On the 'Link Aadhaar' page opened, on the top of the page click on a hyperlink 'Click here to view the status if you have already submitted Link Aadhaar request'.
4. On the next page, you will be required to fill in your details like PAN and Aadhaar number. Enter your details and click 'View Link Aadhaar Status'.
5. This process will let you know if your PAN is linked Aadhaar or not. If your PAN is linked to Aadhaar, then the page will display a message saying, “Your PAN is linked to Aadhaar number xxxx xxxx xxxx”.