Indian Railways to start 90 new special trains.
Indian Railways is reportedly planning to start 90 new special trains on different routes. These trains are expected to begin functioning from next week. Here's a list of routes and trains:
New Delhi: In what will come as a relief to travellers, Indian Railways is reportedly planning to start 45 pairs of trains (90 new special trains) starting next week. The first list of these proposed special trains has been sent to the Home Ministry for approval.
The new special trains can be started as soon as next week once the necessary approvals are in place, said reports.
For a journey in these trains, tickets can be booked from IRCTC, 120 days in advance from the date of travel. Some seats in these trains have been reserved for booking under the Tatkal quota which means that instant booking facility will also be available in these special trains.
The guidelines issued by the Ministry of Railways and the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for the prevention against coronavirus will strictly be followed for travel on these trains.
The Railways have been running as many as 30 Rajdhani Express trains since May 12 with an addition of 200 mail or express trains since June 1.
The Indian Railways has already allowed booking of tickets in Tatkal quota on all of the 230 special trains already running. It is to be noted that barring these special trains, all normal commercial passenger trains have been suspended till August 12 in view of ballooning coronavirus cases in the across the states. The bookings of tickets for these special trains under ‘tatkal’ can be started from 30 June.
“Tatkal Booking will commence from 29/06/2020 in all Special Trains (starting with 0 numbers) for journey commencing from 30/06/2020 onwards," a senior Railways official tweeted earlier.
To book tickets under Tatkal, a passenger must book their tickets after 10 am one day before the scheduled travel day for AC booking and after 11 am for the sleeper class.
The list of the proposed special trains is as follows:
1. New Delhi-Amritsar - Shan A Punjab Express
2. Delhi - Firozpur - Intercity
3. Kota-Dehradun-Nanda Devi Express
4. Jabalpur - Ajmer - Dayoday Express
5. Prayagraj-Jaipur Express
6. Gwalior-Manduadih-Bundelkhand Express
7. Gorakhpur-Secunderabad Express
8. Patna - Secunderabad
9. Guwahati-Bangalore Express
10. Dibrugarh - Amritsar
11. Jodhpur - Delhi
12. Kamakhya - Delhi
13. Dibrugarh - New Delhi Special Rajdhani Express
14. Dibrugarh - Lalgarh
15. Vasco-Patna Express
16. Delhi Sarai Rohilly-Porbandar Express
17. Muzaffarpur-Porbandar Express
18. Vadodara Varanasi Mahamana Express
19. Udhna-Danapur Express
20. Surat-Muzaffarpur Express
21. Bhagalpur-Surat Express
22. Valsad-Haridwar Express
23. Valsad - Muzaffarpur Shramik Express
24. Gorakhpur - Delhi Humsafar Express
25. Delhi-Bhagalpur Vikramshila Express
26. Yesvantpur-Bikaner Express
27. Jaipur-Mysore Express
28. Udaipur-Haridwar Express
29. Habibganj - New Delhi Express
30. Lucknow - New Delhi Express
31. New Delhi-Amritsar Express
32. Indore-New Delhi Express
33. Agartala-Deoghar Express
34. Madhupur-Delhi Express
35. Yashwantpur - Bhagalpur Ang Express
36. Mysore Solapur Golgumbaz Express
37. Kanpur Anwar Ganj- Gorakhpur Chauri-Chaura Express
38. Banaras-Lucknow Krishak Express
39. Muzaffarpur- Anand Vihar Garib Rath Express
40. Extension of Delhi - Ghazipur City train to Ballia