In a relief to tax payers, the Central government today extended the deadline for filing income-tax returns (ITR) for the 2018-19 fiscal by a month till July 31, 2020. The Centre has also extended the time limit for linking Aadhaar card with PAN card till March 31, 2021. In the wake of coronavirus pandemic, the Central government earlier extended the deadline for filing income tax returns (ITR) for FY2019-20 to November 30, 2020.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) through a notification also extended the time limit for making various investments and claiming deductions under the I-T Act for the 2019-20 fiscal by a month till July 31, 2020.
Here are the latest deadlines:
1) The time for filing of original as well as revised income-tax returns for the FY 2018-19 (AY 2019-20) has been extended to 31st July, 2020.
2) Due date for income tax return for the FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21) has been extended to 30th November, 2020. Hence, the returns of income which are required to be filed by 31st July, 2020 and 31st October, 2020 can be filed upto 30th November, 2020. Consequently, the date for furnishing tax audit report has also been extended to 31st October, 2020.
3) In order to provide relief to small and middle class taxpayers, the date for payment of self-assessment tax in the case of a taxpayer whose self-assessment tax liability is up to ₹1 lakh has also been extended to 30th November, 2020. However, it is clarified that there will be no extension of date for the payment of self-assessment tax for the taxpayers having self-assessment tax liability exceeding Rs. 1 lakh. In this case, the whole of the self-assessment tax shall be payable by the due dates specified in the Income-tax Act, 1961 (IT Act) and delayed payment would attract interest under section 234A of the IT Act.
4) The date for making various investment/ payment for claiming deduction under Chapter-VIA-B of the IT Act which includes section 80C (LIC, PPF, NSC etc.), 80D (Mediclaim), 80G (Donations) etc has also been further extended to 31st July, 2020. Hence the investment/ payment can be made upto 31st July, 2020 for claiming the deduction under these sections for FY 2019-20.
5) The date for making investment/ construction/ purchase for claiming roll over benefit/ deduction in respect of capital gains under sections 54 to 54GB of the IT Act has also been further extended to 30th September, 2020. Therefore, the investment/ construction/ purchase made up to 30th September, 2020 shall be eligible for claiming deduction from capital gains.
6) The date for commencement of operation for the SEZ units for claiming deduction under section 10AA of the IT Act has also been further extended to 30th September, 2020 for the units which received necessary approval by 31st March, 2020.
7) The furnishing of the TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates being the prerequisite for enabling the taxpayers to prepare their return of income for FY 2019-20, the date for furnishing of TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates pertaining to the FY 2019-20 has been extended to 31st July, 2020 and 15th August, 2020 respectively.
8) The date for passing of order or issuance of notice by the authorities and various compliances under various Direct Taxes & Benami Law which are required to be passed/ issued/ made by 31st December, 2020 has been extended to 31st March, 2021. Consequently, the date for linking of Aadhaar with PAN would also be extended to 31st March, 2021.
9) The reduced rate of interest of 9% for delayed payments of taxes, levies etc. specified in the Ordinance shall not be applicable for the payments made after 30th June, 2020.
10) The central government earlier slashed TDS/TCS rate for non-salary payments to residents by 25 per cent for the remaining months of the fiscal and extended the due date for filing income tax returns for 2019-20 till November 30, 2020.
Aug 20, 2020 0 13016
May 15, 2020 0 1084
Jan 14, 2021 0 1340
Dec 16, 2020 1 38147
Mar 30, 2020 0 4247
Jun 21, 2020 0 708
Jul 21, 2021 0 123
See what the stars have in store for your zodiac sign
Oct 5, 2019 0 1963
The developers have since pulled a bunch of these 'time-saving' in-game purchases,...
Aug 22, 2019 0 1130
Dabangg 3, directed by Prabhudheva, will release in Hindi, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu.
Aug 26, 2019 0 2032
A source close to the matter told an entertainment website that Illeana and Andrew...
Aug 22, 2019 0 1066
The beta version of PUBG Mobile in China has got a new mode which lets you fly helicopters,...
Aug 14, 2021 0 512
If you deposit Rs 10,000 every month at the interest rate of 5.8% currently available,...
Nov 21, 2020 0 883
Reasons for appearance of wrinkles on face and tips to prevent and cure them
Mar 13, 2021 0 264
The idol of Lord Shiva will be moved out of its winter abode at Ukhimath's Omkareshwar...
Sep 2, 2019 0 2264
Sales of mini cars comprising Alto and WagonR stood at 10,123 units as compared...
Sep 2, 2019 0 2041
Tata Motors reported a 58 per cent decline in its domestic passenger vehicle sales...
Sep 14, 2021 0 473
Sep 14, 2021 0 393
Sep 14, 2021 0 199
Sep 1, 2021 0 12805
Jun 2, 2020 0 121
Sep 14, 2021 0 8
Apr 3, 2021 0 7
Apr 14, 2020 0 6
Dec 14, 2020 0 6