In a relief to tax payers, the Central government today extended the deadline for filing income-tax returns (ITR) for the 2018-19 fiscal by a month till July 31, 2020. The Centre has also extended the time limit for linking Aadhaar card with PAN card till March 31, 2021. In the wake of coronavirus pandemic, the Central government earlier extended the deadline for filing income tax returns (ITR) for FY2019-20 to November 30, 2020.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) through a notification also extended the time limit for making various investments and claiming deductions under the I-T Act for the 2019-20 fiscal by a month till July 31, 2020.
Here are the latest deadlines:
1) The time for filing of original as well as revised income-tax returns for the FY 2018-19 (AY 2019-20) has been extended to 31st July, 2020.
2) Due date for income tax return for the FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21) has been extended to 30th November, 2020. Hence, the returns of income which are required to be filed by 31st July, 2020 and 31st October, 2020 can be filed upto 30th November, 2020. Consequently, the date for furnishing tax audit report has also been extended to 31st October, 2020.
3) In order to provide relief to small and middle class taxpayers, the date for payment of self-assessment tax in the case of a taxpayer whose self-assessment tax liability is up to ₹1 lakh has also been extended to 30th November, 2020. However, it is clarified that there will be no extension of date for the payment of self-assessment tax for the taxpayers having self-assessment tax liability exceeding Rs. 1 lakh. In this case, the whole of the self-assessment tax shall be payable by the due dates specified in the Income-tax Act, 1961 (IT Act) and delayed payment would attract interest under section 234A of the IT Act.
4) The date for making various investment/ payment for claiming deduction under Chapter-VIA-B of the IT Act which includes section 80C (LIC, PPF, NSC etc.), 80D (Mediclaim), 80G (Donations) etc has also been further extended to 31st July, 2020. Hence the investment/ payment can be made upto 31st July, 2020 for claiming the deduction under these sections for FY 2019-20.
5) The date for making investment/ construction/ purchase for claiming roll over benefit/ deduction in respect of capital gains under sections 54 to 54GB of the IT Act has also been further extended to 30th September, 2020. Therefore, the investment/ construction/ purchase made up to 30th September, 2020 shall be eligible for claiming deduction from capital gains.
6) The date for commencement of operation for the SEZ units for claiming deduction under section 10AA of the IT Act has also been further extended to 30th September, 2020 for the units which received necessary approval by 31st March, 2020.
7) The furnishing of the TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates being the prerequisite for enabling the taxpayers to prepare their return of income for FY 2019-20, the date for furnishing of TDS/ TCS statements and issuance of TDS/ TCS certificates pertaining to the FY 2019-20 has been extended to 31st July, 2020 and 15th August, 2020 respectively.
8) The date for passing of order or issuance of notice by the authorities and various compliances under various Direct Taxes & Benami Law which are required to be passed/ issued/ made by 31st December, 2020 has been extended to 31st March, 2021. Consequently, the date for linking of Aadhaar with PAN would also be extended to 31st March, 2021.
9) The reduced rate of interest of 9% for delayed payments of taxes, levies etc. specified in the Ordinance shall not be applicable for the payments made after 30th June, 2020.
10) The central government earlier slashed TDS/TCS rate for non-salary payments to residents by 25 per cent for the remaining months of the fiscal and extended the due date for filing income tax returns for 2019-20 till November 30, 2020.
Jan 26, 2021 2 142452
Aug 18, 2020 0 478
Dec 2, 2020 0 292
May 4, 2020 0 3600
Sep 15, 2020 0 625
May 3, 2020 0 998
Aug 26, 2019 0 1485
The rule requires visitors to fly in and out of Minsk's main airport.
Apr 8, 2021 0 120
The rates and limits depend upon whether the person withdrawing cash has filed ITR...
Jun 16, 2021 0 5335
While the Income Tax department has laid out all the specific rules pertaining to...
Apr 29, 2021 0 224
Xiaomi’s latest flagship killer, at least claimed to be, Mi 11X will be available...
Jun 2, 2021 0 2701
Xiaomi has launched the Mi TV 4A 40 Horizon Edition in India. The affordable smart...
Apr 17, 2021 0 97
The Mi QLED TV 75-inch television is the company’s biggest one yet.
Aug 22, 2019 0 993
Javed Akhtar was commenting on a Pakistani minister's demand for the removal of...
Sep 19, 2019 0 1389
The Apple Arcade provides subscribers with access to more than 100 new, exclusive...
Mar 14, 2021 0 120
Apple is offering discounts on the latest iPhone 12 series along with the top variants...
Sep 2, 2019 0 1933
Tata Motors reported a 58 per cent decline in its domestic passenger vehicle sales...
Jun 19, 2021 0 6789
Jun 19, 2021 0 1192
Jun 19, 2021 0 8275
Jun 19, 2021 0 2456
Jun 5, 2021 0 15335
Jun 22, 2021 1 11379
Jun 19, 2021 0 8363
Jun 19, 2021 0 6849
Jun 10, 2021 1 3119