Goa, Himachal, and Uttarakhand Are Now Open For Tourists
Unlock 2.0: Goa, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand Are Now Open to Tourists
In the first phase of unlocking, hotels, restaurants, and malls got permission to re-open so that the shrinking economic condition of the states can receive a little boost.
After the interstate and domestic movement restrictions were lifted from July 1 in the second phase of unlocking, some states are reopening and are planning to restart their tourism sectors.
Here is the list of states are now open for tourism
Himachal Pradesh is now open to tourists. However, no date has been announced yet. But note that, to visit Himachal Pradesh, you must follow these conditions:
- A test report showing negative for COVID 19
- Prior hotel booking of at least five days.
- Will have to stay for at least five days and more.
- The COVID-19 test has to be done by an ICMR-accredited laboratory not earlier than 72 hours.
- If the conditions are fulfilled, then there will be exemptions from the quarantine requirement.
Moreover, all inter-state movement will be monitored via registration in the COVID e-pass software (“http://covid19epass.hp.gov.in”covid19epass.hp.gov.in).
“The people coming to Himachal Pradesh from other states shall strictly adhere to the prevailing guidelines/standard operating procedure (SOP) issued by the health and revenue departments of the state.”
AdvertisementThe order stated
Also note, inter-state bus service will remain suspended till further orders.
About 250 hotels in Goa are now to open their doors to welcome domestic tourists.
“Tourism is one of the biggest industries in the state and is the backbone of our economy. In this unlock phase, we are kickstarting our economy again by keeping the highest health safety norms in place in view of #COVID19.”Chief Minister Pramod Sawant had tweeted
Here are the rules:
- Only domestic tourists who have pre-booked their accommodations will be allowed to enter the state.
- Tourists will either have to carry a COVID-19 negative certificate or get tested at the state borders before gaining entry.
- Tourists who test positive will have the option of returning to their states or availing treatment in Goa.
Chardham Yatra for Uttarakhand residents has now started. On the first day of the opening, 422 pilgrims applied for e-passes to visit the Himalayan temples of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
However, the pilgrims cannot touch idols at the temples. Even the temple bells have been covered. There will be no prasad distribution.