6 Key Benefits of New Income Tax e-Filing Portal Know Details
The e-filing portal is used by the taxpayers to file their individual or business category income ITRs
The Income Tax (I-T) division will launch a model new ‘taxpayer nice’ income tax e-filing portal- www.incometax.gov.in, on 7 June. “In preparation for this launch and for migration activities, the existing portal of the department at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in would not be available for a brief period of six days from June 1 to 6,” the order said.
“The new e-filing portal (http://incometax.gov.in) is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. It is another step by CBDT to provide ease of compliance to its taxpayers & other stakeholders,” the Income Tax division tweeted from its official take care of.
Income Tax Department to launch its new e-filing portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf on 7th June, 2021.— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) May 20, 2021
Existing ITD portal ie https://t.co/EGL31K6szN would not be available to taxpayers/other stakeholders for a brief period of 6 days i.e. from 1st June, 2021 to 6th June, 2021.(1/2) pic.twitter.com/hDHyIbMRKZ
Check out the choices of the model new income tax e-filing portal:
1) The new taxpayer-friendly portal shall be built-in with the quick processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to concern quick refunds to taxpayers
2) All interactions and uploads or pending actions will doubtless be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up movement by the taxpayer.
3) Free of worth ITR preparation software program program obtainable offline and on-line with interactive questions to help taxpayers file ITR even with none tax information, with pre-filling, for minimal data entry effort.
4) New title centre for taxpayer assist for quick options to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos and plenty of others.
5) All key portal options on the desktop will doubtless be obtainable on the cell app which can doubtless be enabled subsequently for full entry on the cell group.
6) New on-line tax payment system on the model new portal will doubtless be enabled subsequently with various new payment decisions akin to web banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT and totally different modes.
What is an e-filing portal?
The e-filing portal is utilized by the taxpayers to file their explicit individual or enterprise class income ITRs and likewise to spice up complaints looking for refunds and totally different works with the tax division.
The taxman makes use of it to concern notices, get responses from the taxpayer and reply to their queries and speak remaining orders like assessments, appeals, exemption and penalties, amongst others.
ITR submitting deadline for folks extended till September 30
The authorities on Thursday extended I-T return submitting deadline for 2020-21 for folks till September 30 to ease taxpayer compliance burden amid the raging second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has moreover extended the ITR submitting deadline for companies by a month till November 30.
“Various due date relaxations will reduce the compliance burden for businesses that have been struggling in the current crisis. This also emphasises how critical it is for businesses to move their tax compliance fully online. The extension of due dates for various compliances for employers as well extension of tax filing due date for taxpayers is important in the current situation as the second wave of covid is raging through several states in India,” said Archit Gupta, Founder and CEO – ClearTax